Friday, December 14, 2018

Buttery Ranch Party Mix


With party season coming up, I figured I should look into something a little snacky that I can offer any guests.  And let's be honest - it wouldn't hurt to have something delicious at my desk at work while I power through my last week before break.  I've always liked Chex mix, but I wanted to try something a little different.  I kept seeing ranch-flavored mixes on Pinterest, so I decided to go for it.  The herbs and seasonings give this mix a delicious flavor, but it will be difficult to eat just one handful.

Note: I used Snyder's Butter Snaps pretzels and white cheddar Cheez-Its, but absolutely use what you like best.

Buttery Ranch Party Mix

3 cups mini pretzels
2 cups oyster crackers
2 cups Cheez-Its
1 (1-ounce) envelope Hidden Valley ranch seasoning mix
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon dried dill
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 300°F.

Add pretzels, oyster crackers, and Cheez-Its to a gallon Ziploc.  Combine ranch seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, dill, and cayenne pepper, and sprinkle in the ziploc bag with the pretzel mixture.  Seal and shake to coat.  Open the bag, pour butter over the top, seal bag, and again shake to distribute evenly.  Pour the mixture out onto a half sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through to keep pieces from sticking together.

No comments: