Saturday, February 04, 2023

Sam the Cooking Guy: Garlic Bread French Bread Pizza


If you know me pretty well, you'll know I'm not really a pizza person.  I went probably a decade after high school without eating a slice.  I like to blame it on all the pizza I ate when I was a kid, but I think it's more the fact that I can only eat a small portion before I'm stuffed.  And the toppings are the best part.  Well, this pizza turns that philosophy on its head: the best part of this one is the bread.  First you turn a bread loaf into garlic cheese bread, then you turn that into pizza.  And yes, it's as fantastic as it sounds.

Garlic Bread French Bread Pizza
Adapted from Sam the Cooking Guy

½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
8 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup grated Parmesan
½ cup chopped Italian parsley
½ teaspoon roasted garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning  
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 loaf French bread
Pizza sauce
Mozzarella cheese, both shredded and pearls
Toppings

Preheat the oven to 425°F.

Combine butter, garlic, Parmesan, parsley, seasonings, and olive oil to form a paste. Season with salt and pepper.

Cut the French bread loaf in half, separating the top and bottom. Spread the seasoned butter on the cut side of both pieces. Place the bread on a rack set on a baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes.

Remove the tray from the oven. Top the garlic bread with pizza sauce, cheese, and other toppings, as desired. Put the tray back in the oven for 8 to 10 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the toppings are cooked.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: