Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Kimmy's Kreations: Fried Shrimp Fettuccine


I've had a craving for more seafood in my life lately, so I've been trying to step outside my comfort zone and make some seafood dishes that may be a bit new to me.  I don't think I have ever actually deep-fried shrimp, so this definitely counts as new.  This dish is delicious, but it's also super rich, so you won't be able to eat a lot at one time before your taste buds are blown out.  Definitely worth the effort of zealously monitoring the Dutch oven oil temperature.

Note: While I appreciate all the flavor in this, the alfredo sauce was a bit salty from the combo of seasonings and cheese.  I backed the seasonings off a bit in the recipe below.  Also, I used a combo of Parmesan and Pecorino Romano, since I had both in the fridge, and why not.

Fried Shrimp Fettuccine
From Kimmy’s Kreations

1 pound large shrimp, shelled, but tail on
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
1½ teaspoons onion powder
1½ teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic pepper
1 large egg, beaten

For breading:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
4 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons garlic pepper

For alfredo sauce:
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons Badia Complete Seasoning
2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
Cooked fettuccine

Coat shrimp in seasoning and toss with egg. Combine breading ingredients in a Ziploc, dump shrimp in and toss to coat. Fry shrimp at 355°F to 360°F until golden brown, about 2 to 5 minutes, depending on shrimp size.

Heat cream with seasonings until it thickens slightly, add cheese. Toss cooked fettuccine with alfredo sauce and serve with shrimp on top.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: