Wednesday, August 01, 2012

No. 2 Pencil: Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie


If you're like me, you truly believe that the art of baking reaches it's highest and most heavenly form in the chocolate chip cookie.  Yep, I said it.  You can bring me the most amazing, detailed, labor-heavy cake in the world, with the most luxurious fillings, and I would probably still choose the chocolate chip cookie.  Warm from the oven and gooey in the middle, it's perfect.

Well, not everyone has time to whip up an entire batch of chocolate chip cookies, and when you're living alone, it seems a little like...overkill.  You can only eat so many before your stomach starts to hurt and you get a sugar rush that just won't go away.  Not that that's bad, it just makes sleeping difficult.  The perfect solution?  A one-serving deep dish chocolate chip cookie that pops in the microwave and comes out a minute later ready for consumption.  Now, I normally don't like cooking in the microwave, but if it's going to get my cookie to my face faster, I'm all for it.

Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie
From No. 2 Pencil blog

1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
3 drops of vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 large egg yolk
Scant ¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 heaping tablespoons chocolate chips

Combine butter, sugars, and vanilla.  Mix in egg yolk.  Add flour, and mix well.  Add chocolate chips.  Microwave in a small ramekin for 40 to 60 seconds on HIGH.

No comments: