Sunday, February 21, 2021

Eagle Brand Milk: Magic Cookie Bars


I can't believe I never posted these bars.  These bars are the dessert of my childhood.  My mom made these for us all of the time, and even to this day, if I see a version at a bake sale, I have to have them.  I don't know what it is, but something about these screams comfort.

Magic Cookie Bars

1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
1⅓ cups flaked sweetened coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts. Press down firmly with fork.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.

Makes 2 dozen

No comments: