Saturday, July 13, 2019

Pillsbury: Mini Everything Crescent Dogs


My sister calls these pigs in a blanket, and I think they're one of my brother-in-law's favorite foods.  After having them at a family get-together, I decided I wanted to make my own batch to take for breakfast in the morning.  You don't have to add the bagel topping, but it certainly puts them over the top.

Mini Everything Crescent Dogs
Adapted from Pillsbury

1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
24 cocktail-size smoked link sausages (from one 14-ounce package)
1 large egg, beaten
3 to 4 tablespoons everything bagel topping

Heat oven to 375°F.

Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles. Place sausage on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet.  Brush each sausage roll with beaten egg, then sprinkle with everything bagel topping.

Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

Makes 24 servings

No comments: