Sunday, June 19, 2022

Together as Family: Honey Butter Skillet Corn


When I start to see all the delicious corn hitting the grocery stores, I can never stop myself from buying some.  I've tried growing it (and that was a no-go), so I really appreciate anyone who is able to get these sweet ears to my kitchen in such perfect shape.  The best I can do with it at that point is make something delicious.  This dish is somewhat of a cross between creamed corn and fried corn, with a sweeter profile, but honestly, it all sounds delicious to me.

Note: The original recipe called for frozen corn, but why would you eat that when the fresh summer corn is hitting the stores??

Honey Butter Skillet Corn
Adapted from Together as Family blog

2 tablespoons salted butter
1 pound fresh corn kernels (from approximately 4 large ears)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
2 tablespoons honey
2 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons half and half

In a skillet pan, over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the corn kernels and all seasonings, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.  Add honey, cream cheese, and half and half. Stir together and let it cook, about 3 to 5 minutes more, while stirring occasionally.  Season to taste with salt.

Makes 6 servings

No comments: