Friday, April 29, 2022

Tastes of Lizzy T: Frito Salad


Confession time.  I remember eating this salad when I was in elementary school at the cafeteria.  I remembered most of the ingredients, and I definitely remember it being orange.  And I remember loving it.  Haven't had it in a very VERY long time.  I figured it had been quite long enough.  This actually makes a pretty fantastic meatless meal, or you can add some browned ground beef, maybe seasoned with taco seasoning?  I definitely missed this thing.

Frito Salad
Adapted from Tastes of Lizzy T blog

1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped into bite-size pieces
2 large hothouse tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
4 green onions, sliced
1 (15-ounce) can ranch style beans, drained
12 ounces finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup Kraft Creamy French dressing
4 cups Fritos

Combine all ingredients except Fritos in a large salad bowl.  Just before serving, mix in the Fritos.

Makes 8 side servings or 4 dinner size portions

No comments: