Sunday, November 29, 2020

Noble Pig: World's Best Cosmopolitan


When I went to the liquor store to pick up some citron vodka for this drink, the lady at the checkout asked what I was making with it - margarita? Cosmopolitan?  When I confirmed it was a cosmopolitan, she told me: "I don't need to card you then.  If you know what a cosmo is, you're old enough to drink."  I'm not sure how I feel about essentially being called old, but I'm 100% okay with making up a couple of glasses of this delicious concoction.

Note: If you like yours a little sweeter, use the higher amount of cranberry juice.

World's Best Cosmopolitan
Adapted from Noble Pig blog

2½ ounce citron vodka, such as Absolut Citron (do not substitute plain vodka)
1 ounce Cointreau or Patron Citrónge 
1 to 1½ ounce cranberry juice
½ ounce fresh lime juice
Finely crushed ice
Orange peel or lime wheel, for garnish

Add vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice and fresh lime juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until very cold. Strain into a cold martini glass and finish of with a scoop of very finely, crushed ice. Garnish with an orange peel.

No comments: