Monday, March 14, 2022

Heinz: Country-Style Pork Chops


I pulled some pork chops out of the freezer and knew that I wanted to do something with the jar of pork gravy that had been staring at me for months, but I didn't know what the answer was.  At least until I looked at the side of the jar.  Chops cooked in mushroom gravy?  Sign me up.  It's a super easy dinner, definitely good for a work night, and makes something very satisfying with minimal effort.

Country-Style Pork Chops
From Heinz

1 small chopped onion
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops, salt and pepper to taste
1 (12-ounce) jar pork gravy
⅓ cup sour cream
½ (2.8-ounce) can fried onions (optional)

In a large skillet, cook onion and mushrooms in oil until tender; remove from skillet. In same skillet, cook pork chops until browned on both sides; season with salt and pepper.  Stir in gravy.  Return onion mixture to skillet. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until pork chops are done.  Stir in sour cream; heat until thoroughly cooked.  Top with fried onions.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: