Monday, December 24, 2018

D Magazine: Central Market's Love Dip


Every time I walk through Central Market, I look longingly at this dip.  And I have to remind myself that I need to eat something normal for dinner, and not this dip by the spoonful.  There's just something addictive about this dip, but I wanted to see if I could make it on my own instead of relying on the dip buffet at the store.  Luckily, D Magazine had some hints for me.  This dip is delicious with corn or potato chips.  Or just eaten off a spoon.

Central Market's Love Dip
Adapted from D Magazine

2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup canned whole tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon onion powder
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon white pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Add cream cheese, chopped tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, and lemon juice to a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Remove from processor. Fold in remaining ingredients and mix well.

Makes 6 to 8 servings

No comments: